Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: What? Nevermind!

1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What's your favorite something pink?

Er. Hmm. Pink?  My first thought was Pepto Bismol when I've got an upset belly because having an upset belly is the worse, but...tree blossoms!

2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?

Hanging out with my friends! In high school we could chose what we did during gym time. My girlfriends and I would chose things like jump rope and hang out in the school parking lot because that was the jumping area. The gym teacher rarely checked on us...

3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?
The smell of roses doesn't really spark any special memories for me, good or bad. 

Photo Source

4. Do you prefer to read or write?

Read. I'm not the most creative writer even if I enjoy blogging. I don't feel as though I have mastered written humor yet, humor that I would like to convey in my writing. And a book is just easier to pack up and bring along wherever I go.

5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.' Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?

Lazy days of summer? Where are they? Come September I am longing for slower, quieter SCHEDULED days. Summer means long days at the lake, swimming, kayaking, fishing. Summer means camping and late nights around a fire-pit roasting marshmallows. Summer means gardening and mowing the lawn in HOT temperatures. Summer means working on challenging concepts missed the school year before and planning and preparing for the next. Don't get me wrong! Summer is lots of fun, but it's also tiring.

6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast...which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?
Disney World. I don't like the hustle-bustle of crowded amusement parks or the hype associated with Disney, but it just seems like a place that everyone should say they've been to once. And there's the zoo, right? I'm sure I would love that!
7. What question do you hate to answer?
You know when you're talking and someone says "What? I didn't hear you." So, you tell them again, and they reply, "Again? I missed it." At that point, I'm like "Nevermind." It seems to be happening to me a lot lately. Perhaps I speak too softly?

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

Happy Hodgepodging!

36 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this and funny asking questions makes me stop and think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carolee! Some questions do just that...and that's a good thing!

      Delete
  2. Summer sounds like fun at your house. Except maybe for that math review : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Well, keeping those math skills sharp over the summer months is a great thing! We'll get in lots of summer fun too!

      Delete
  3. Good answer to the question "What question do you hate to answer?" We must both have quiet voices because I get asked that quite frequently too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK, Lily. I always thought my voice was "average"...but I spend a large part of my day answering "Huh?"

      Delete
  4. My hubby is always asking me to repeat things. Partly I know because I do speak softly but also partly because he won't admit his hearing is not as good as it used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Disney pic -- it certainly paints a picture of frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paige! I tried finding your blog to read, but wasn't successful. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. My husband constantly has me repeat what I said. Even when I preface it with a big "HELLO," (lol) to get his attention. He won't wear his hearing aids. I think your summer sounds wonderful, except for all that work!
    Pepto Bismol! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Perhaps I should try the big "HELLO" and see if that works...Although it seems like EVERYONE lately has trouble. Must be me? LOL

      Delete
  7. Summer is a very exhausting time of year for the farmer! ;) We go from sun up to sun down most days and I always look forward to the clock falling back and the days getting shorter. SO, Winter is our lazy time I guess. Or, you could call it recouping! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even a farmer...but I do have chickens, ducks and a small garden.I know by September I'm looking forward to more structured days of school...and when snow comes that's my time to cook warm meals, bake, and really read and crochet.

      Delete
  8. I had to laugh after reading your response and some of the comments about having to repeat things with our husbands. If I don't make sure I have my husband's undivided attention I will always have to repeat. If he ever looks down or at something else, I've lost him. He is a typical male and not only is he losing his hearing, but he can only concentrate on one thing at a time. Woe is me! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not just the husband, but the kids too. I think they have "selective parental hearing". It's a real thing....LOL

      Delete
  9. Oh... I really dislike having to repeat myself as well. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jealous of your summers! Mine consist of teaching summer school and preparing for next year. Maybe one summer I can not work and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure of any time you DO have! You got to enjoy some summer, right?

      Delete
  11. I have that same problem with my dad, but I think he's due for a hearing aid. I never have problems with anyone else hearing me. And the funny thing is, sometimes he mumbles and I can't tell what he said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes people don't hear well but I really believe that in your case, they are just not paying attention. I hate that. The picture of the rose is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be both! I am fairly quiet when I speak...unless I need to be loud!

      Delete
  13. Happy to have you come visit me today. I laughed when you said PeptoBismol. That was my first thought about something pink! Yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neither my dh or I can hear each other anymore. It's tempting to think we both need hearing aids, but I don't seem to have this problem (at least not excessively) with other people. I think we've both started mumbling now that the kids are grown and all but one has left the nest. I'm trying to be more aware, though, and change my ways. I really am.. I said, I really am..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to see what reactions I get...I've started to say "Huh?" or "What?" every time! LOL

      Delete
  15. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work





    Regards



    landscaping

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!