Monday, June 15, 2015

Creative Crochet: Mason Jar Cozy

I had hoped to have my son's ripple blanket completed by now, but I've been, er, distracted by other projects. Pinterest is a "dangerous place" when it comes to inspiration! Do you have a Pinterest board dedicated to crochet? Please share in comments. I can NEVER have too many ideas pinned!

If only I had more time and more yarn...

My pastor's wife celebrated a birthday last week. She makes beautiful beaded jewelry, something I haven't been able to figure out. She gave me some pretty earrings for my birthday in December so I wanted to make something for her. A Mason Jar cozy seemed like the perfect gift since she sips water out of a Mason Jar.

Mason Jar Cozy  |  Free Crochet Pattern by Little Monkeys Crochet (lwww.littlemonkeyscrochet.com)
Free Pattern Here

It's super quick and easy! Since my cozy was for a quart size Mason Jar, I started with the 4 increasing rounds, but I think next time I'd only crochet 3 rounds (or 30 stitches). I like a snug fit. And I only crocheted 4 rounds of SC instead of 5 (Rounds 5-9). The result was a simple, tight cozy with texture in a worsted weight cotton-blend lavender.



I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at The Philosopher's Wife (Mondays)Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), and Natural Suburbia (Fridays).

9 comments:

  1. This is really cute - I love the lavender colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elsie! I may make up some more as I have lots of pint-sized Mason Jars, but I'm already onto my next project...and still working on my son's blanket...So many patterns, so little time!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It pretties them up! Makes them special and unique! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. A lovely idea. It would also make pretty storage for make up brushes on a dressing table. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And I'm sure the pattern can be easily adjusted for different sized jars, even taller bowls (wider openings).

      Delete
  4. What a cute idea, I hope she likes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! I'm pretty sure she will. She doesn't crochet, but she creates with beads. She understands are special something homemade is!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!