Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Homemaker Daybook: Journal of a SAHM

Weather in My Neck of the Woods 
Wet and soggy! It poured HARD all last night and continues to drizzle this morning. The skies are gray-white. But the birds are still singing.

In the Garden
I replanted snow peas, yellow-skinned cucumbers, wax beans, and pie pumpkins a few days ago. Some varieties I wouldn't have chosen, but it's slim pickings for seeds right now since the season is well under way. I also fertilized with a smelly organic mixture. I'm crossing my fingers for better growing results the 2nd time around!


Looking Around the House
With 2 of the 3 kids off visiting grandparents, I've been able to catch up on my housework...and have it stay that way. I feel like there's always a list to accomplish though, never done, but I just haven't been motivated to organize closets or bring donations to Salvation Army.

Menu for this Week
Sunday - Pepperoni and Pepper Pizza (or Cheese for the Kids)
Monday - Scrambled Egg Sandwiches with Cheese and Sausage, Home Fries with Onions and Peppers, and Fruit/Veggie
Tuesday - Chop Suey and Green Beans
Wednesday - Bible Study Fellowship Dinner
Thursday - Hot Dogs, Potato and Egg Salad and Fruit/Veggie or Leftovers
Friday - Something Out
Saturday - Potluck Wedding Picnic

What's on my TV/You Tube Today 
Again, nothing. I haven't even been watching Hulu. There just doesn't seem time! Or interest. When I have free time, I read or crochet.

What I'm Creating from the Craft Basket
Simple, functional cell phone covers! Frustrated that the US Cellular stores (in 3 different towns) don't have Otterboxes or even cheaper protective covers for my new cell phone, I decided to crochet one. And now I'm making 2 more for friends!



I'm Reading


Things that Make Me Happy and Thankful
A quiet reading spot with lake views, some iced tea to sip, and a fresh baked treat.



I'm Wondering
When will we get a string of sunny days?

Devotional
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your faith, even in the salvation of your souls. (KJB 1 Peter 1:8-9)

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and to the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

28 comments:

  1. Hope your garden does well and love the cell phone cases. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tamy! Me too! Already the peas have popped up. I hope that is a good sign. Now we need some days of warm sun. It's been so rainy lately!

      Delete
  2. Cute cell phone cases!! Is that beautiful building your library??? Love it!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love that place! Such a pleasant spot to read and/or enjoy quiet. I usually stop for a drink and something from the bakery on way and hang out for a couple of hours.

      Delete
  3. wow!!! your house is gorgeous!!! id like to sit on that veranda!! cute cases and yay for growing your own veggies. i enjoyed your daybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Faith. That house is our public library. I don't think I would ever leave home if I had a porch like that on my house. LOL

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful daybook! So glad I dropped by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely daybook. It was so nice to visit.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting Daybook. I love your phone cover! We've had tons of rain too but today is sunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY. I enjoyed making the cover, and have made several more since for friends. I think I may even make another for me! LOL We could use some sun! :sigh: It's POURING again today! I'm afraid my seeds in the garden will rot before sprouting!

      Delete
  7. Wow, those lake views look so inviting!
    Your phone case is beautiful!
    Isn't it amazing how much more efficient housework is when the kiddos aren't there!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're blessed to live in an area surrounded with lakes! Just a quick drive away to swimming, kayaking, fishing, picnicking, walks. It's awesome! (It's kinda nice to have a break from all that housework...)

      Delete
  8. It took a while but we finally are supposed to have a few sunny days in a row here in the Midwest so maybe you'll get a few as well. What neat cell phone covers! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! I hope your week is going well...We had one day of sun, but today it's been POURING and THUNDERING on and off all day. We are a soggy mess!

      Delete
  9. Love the phone covers! What did you think of the Judy Blume Book? It's on my TBR pile. Hope your week is a good one and the garden does well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! I haven't been pulled instantly into it nor does it keep my attention like some other books, but I'll definitely finish it...between crocheting and family and the lake and maybe housework. LOL

      Delete
  10. How are you liking In the Unlikely Event? My library has it on order so I am on the waiting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! I haven't been pulled instantly into it nor does it keep my attention like some other books, but I'll definitely finish it...between crocheting and family and the lake and maybe housework. LOL

      Delete
  11. OH beautiful lake views. Love the cellphone cases too, how pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're very blessed with lakes! Not everyone has them to enjoy! And fortunately I have family on the Atlantic and we can enjoy the ocean too!

      Delete
  12. Hope your garden does well, I miss having a garden. Love the phone case especially the color and you did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat! I wasn't sure I was going to replant the garden this growing season. My first attempt at sowing the sprouts withered away after some days of cool rain...But I'm trying it again.

      Delete
  13. What a lovely home and view! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually our library. Isn't it great?

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!