Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday Coffee Chat: How Does Your Garden Grow


Time out for MomThis week at Time Out for Mom, Leslie wants to know:

Blooms! Blooms! Blooms! If you got a garden, this is your chance to show it off. If your thumb is more 50 Shades of Black - what other summer hobbies do you enjoy?

Blog about it and share over at Tuesday Coffee Chat!
________________________________________________

:sigh: Well, I usually have a better, thriving vegetable garden. I'm not sure what happened this season...My peas, cucumbers and most of my pie pumpkins have wilted away to nothing. In the rain! And the beans are being chewed up by something. Hens? Nary a bug nor pest seen nibbling...

Or maybe the poor germination and growth is due to the fact that I purchased cheap Walmart seeds? Usually my seeds are non-GMO, heirlooms from a local farm company. I'll end up spending more on seeds this year than previous seasons by going cheap. Sometimes it doesn't pay, does it?

In better times, the garden looked like this: 


I'd take a photo of what it looks like right now, but there's not much to see, just some bean stalks and dark soil. And some "whirly-wig" seeds that have fallen from the trees. Perhaps I'll grow some trees! We need more trees...

How does your garden grow?

6 comments:

  1. Still in the process of trying to get mine planted :-) But I know the bunnies sure like my strawberries! LOL Have a great evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, strawberries will be ready here in about 2 weeks. I hope to get a bunch from the local farm! But I'll only share the tops with the hens.

      Delete
  2. I may be able to grow beautiful flowers --- but I do not have a vegetable garden. I don't really have room for one, but mostly our yard gets a ton of shade. So I probably would not be able to grow one. The most I have done is tomato or beans in pots that I can place in a sunny spot. I would so love to be able to have a vegetable garden though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of share too, so veggies like tomatoes don't grow well. Usually we have better growth. Bad season for us.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your garden. The excess rain certainly doesn't help. You really should share pictures. Others can give advice as to what the cause might be as well as how to fix the problem. :) Hey, you should stop by my blog. I posted an update on the homestead. abasketofblessings dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually quite strange, Rachel. The peas, cucumbers and pumpkins came up well, but never thrived. The rain started, cool, but gentle on and off for almost a week. We were soaked, but not flooded. The sun came out and the seedlings wilted away to nothing. :sigh:

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!