Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Volume 223


1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?

Warm, sunny, relaxed days at the lake, swimming, picnicking, kayaking, fishing.

2. In what way have you come full circle?


My family and married life. It's wonderful to have a happy, healthy, complete family again! And even better - I've gained 2 more kids!

3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see? 

Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA

I lived in Indianapolis for 6 years, but I would never suggest someone visit there. The Children's Museum and zoo are great places. And seeing the Colts play is fun (even if you're not a fan). It's still a congested, dirty city with a high crime rate though. North Conway, NH, on the other hand, is awesome! It's super busy during the summer season and early fall, but it's a cozy, friendly town with lots of natural wonders to enjoy. What I would like to visit from the list? Either the Colorado River Region or Mount Shasta.

4. A song that describes your mood right now?



5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?


Strawberry Shortcake! Can I chose pound cake instead of biscuits? And lots and lots of homemade whipped cream?

6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare(Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?

"The Tortoise and the Hare" with "The Crow and the Pitcher" and "The Ant and the Grasshopper". (How's that for being indecisive?) I'm not much of a "leaper" so I left that one out. Life is lived one day at a time, slow and steady, but being prepared and creative help it along the way.

7. The answer is yes...what's the question?

Would I like some dark chocolate? :: wink ::

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

Happy Hodgepodging!

18 comments:

  1. Many wise words of wisdome here.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monica! The hodgepodge is ALWAYS interesting! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

      Delete
  2. Well, when you describe strawberry shortcake like that, I might have to change my answer :)

    Farin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Farin! Until a few years ago or so, I didn't even like strawberries or watermelon. Strange, huh? But shortcake is AWESOME!

      Delete
  3. There were some unusual spots on the list. I think they had specific reasons for suggesting each one, but some of the reasons were kind of weak. I've never been to North Conway, but NH is beautiful in the fall. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all PERSPECTIVE about a place. Some of like more natural, slower, greener. Others like busy, concrete, grayer. I'm more a green person...

      Delete
  4. I'm the strawberry shortcake biscuit lover, but I'm so with you on the dark chocolate! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can combine strawberry shortcake AND dark chocolate...

      Delete
  5. My daughter and I love that song <3 NH sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your ending thought! Very true and we all should strive to live by it.

    I like strawberries and cream ...

    A while back you asked me if my salad in a jar worked. The answer is yes, they work beautifully. I'm now addicted to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Strawberries and just whipped topping is very good...with dark chocolate! LOL I'm glad the salad in a jars are working out. A great idea for quick lunches!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You've been doing just that, Nicole! Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law!

      Delete
  8. I loved N Conway when I went during the fall but didn't get to spend much time there. I want to go back! I have also wanted to try kayaking, but not sure if I am brave enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to it, Laura! As long as you can swim well and wear a life vest, calm waters and lazy paddling make for a relaxing afternoon!

      Delete
  9. Love your random thought and the song's great too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!