Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Homemaker and Daybook: Diary of a SAHM

Weather in My Neck of the Woods
As I look out my livingroom window at the evergreens, it's steadily raining. A cool breeze comes in through the opened window. A perfect day for baking, for reading, for crocheting, for napping.

In the Garden
Our pole beans, pie pumpkins and Parisienne carrots are growing like weeds, but the Contender peas and "giant" pumpkins are struggling. The "giant" pumpkins have not even sprouted yet...I need to replant the cucumbers as I think most became snacks for our hens.


Looking Around the House
I see the scattering of kids' toys, a metallic red RC car (with no remote), an orange drinking cup with a matching straw (left from yesterday), 2 bottles of sunscreen on the coffee table, my struggling indoor plants, the missing TV (moved into Sam's room for movies), and a carpet that I should be vacuuming.

Menu for this Week
Sunday - Ham and Cheese Quiche
Monday - Leftover Spaghetti and Meat Sauce or Ham and Cheese Quiche
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken, Potatoes and Veggies
Wednesday - Dinner at Bible Study or Kids' Pick
Thursday - PB & J or Pasta with Meat Sauce
Friday - Hamburgers with Baked Fries
Saturday - 

I also made a mocha chocolate cake from scratch with vanilla buttercream frosting for dessert.  It didn't last long...

What's on my TV Today
Nothing at the moment. Perhaps the kids will watch a movie or two that we've borrowed from the library when they return from visiting their Dad.

What I'm Creating from the Craft Basket
I'm trying a couple new crochet patterns for coffee cup cozies (here and here). I have 3 skeins of yarn, dark jewel tones in gold, blue, burgundy and green, "thyme" green and "heather" gray, and am hoping to create some comfy cozies this coming week.

Photo Source

I'm Reading
Allegiant by Veronica Roth, the 3rd book in the Divergent Series. I do enjoy the "young adult fiction" section of my library.

Things that Make Me Happy and Thankful
Quiet days at home with my sweet husband and funny kids.

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and to the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

Devotional
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giventh, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (KJB John 14:27)

16 comments:

  1. Cute cup cozy!! I have yet to make any of those! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's soooo many things to make, Jodi, isn't there? I don't think I'll ever not have a project that I want to do! Pinterest is great for LOTS of idea and inspiration (and Ravelry of course)!

      Delete
  2. Hello Jessy,
    It is a pleasure to meet you. Our son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters live in Maine. Our daughter-in-law is actually a native of Maine. So it is always nice to meet others from that area also.

    Your weather you've described here sounds very close to what we had today.

    That mocha chocolate cake sounds absolutely delicious. Do you share recipes? ~wink~

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world! I haven't encountered many Maine bloggers in the years I've blogged...I'd share the recipe but it's in a very old recipe book! LOL It's easier when things are on-line to share.

      Delete
    2. Our daughter-in-law blogged at one point...in fact, she is the one who got me started. It was a good way for us to keep abreast of what was happening in each other's worlds, as they live in Maine and we live in WV. She finally had to give up the blogging. She teaches pre-K in a public school there in Maine and just got her Masters in Early Childhood Development last month. So her time was really at a premium...and she had to let the blogging go.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I understand that! There are times when I can't blog as well. It's about enjoyment anyway and should never replace LIVING LIFE. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow! You have your hands full with five kid. Cute cozy. I like the color, too. Your cake sound delicious! I am visiting from the Simple Woman's Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not only are my hands full but my heart too. :D Having a BIG family is always what I wanted! The hustle bustle of an active, loud household! And the cake is gone! It really didn't last long! LOL

      Delete
    2. Jessy, what a lovely, lovely thing to say about your full heart. My mother was the youngest of ten children and I grew up firmly believing I would have a brood. It didn't work that way. I had one child and lost her. That is whyI am raising my granddaughter, but my heart is still full. The thing about a full heart is that there is always room. We don't really make cake to have it sit around do we?!! I think if it sits around to long it is a recipe that should be tossed out.

      Delete
    3. Definitely! A full heart is never really full. There's always more love to give and receive...no matter if it comes from unexpected, unplanned places. :D

      Delete
  4. Loving all the garden photos and that very cute mug cozy! Seems like all the Simple Daybook bloggers are getting rain this week.... except me! LOL I am a baker, reader, crocheter and napper, too.... it is nice to meet a kindred spirit! Thanks for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just need a comfy chair...our crochet projects...something to sip with homemade cookies...and we're all set! LOL

      Delete
  5. Love the cozy and the verse. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!