Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Homemaker Daybook: Journal of a SAHM

The Clock Reads...
9:45am

Weather in My Neck of the Woods 
The rain has finally stopped. I think. But the sky is a white-gray overcast. I decided that it wasn't going to stop me from hanging a load of laundry on the line though.

In the Garden
Remember those peas, cucumbers, pumpkins, and wax beans I planted last week? Well, they've sprouted and are growing! That stinky organic fertilizer seems to be doing the trick because it's NOT our warm, sunny days...

Looking Around the House
My kids are back from visiting their grandparents on the Atlantic coast, and with their return the noise of electronics, running feet and clinking of dirty dishes hitting the sink fill the house.

We all attended my sister's wedding this past weekend with views of the Atlantic in a private cove.

Menu for this Week
Sunday - McDonald's (on the road)
Monday - Breakfast Pizza on a Biscuit Crust with White Gravy, Scrambled Eggs, Diced Ham and Cheddar Cheese and Fruit
Tuesday - Homemade Garlic Hummus with Veggie Sticks and Crackers
Wednesday - Whatever is Served at Bible Study
Thursday - BBQ Chicken with ?
Friday - Roasted Hot Dogs Over a Camp Fire with Fixings and Salads

What's on my TV Today 
Perhaps I should eliminate this section from my daybook as I'm not watching TV right now. When September arrives, I'll be watching Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Voice, and Big Bang Theory again. Until then? Not so much.

What I'm Creating from the Craft Basket
I've gotten a few friends asking about the chicken potholders I crocheted last week so I'm hunting up some more yarn to whip up some more, but to sell this time. They're adorable, but (honestly) not practical for HOT pots. In the meantime, I made some cell phone cases and got back to working on my son's rippled blanket.

A few examples of my cases.

I'm Reading



Things that Make Me Happy and Thankful
A family camping trip!

I'm Wondering
When the sun will shine again?

Devotional
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. (Proverbs 15:1)

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and to the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding site! God's glorious creation! I need to find a good fertilizer for my tomatoes. The manure just doesn't seem to be cutting it this year! Normally they go crazy over that stuff. We dont' watch much television unless it is something like Love it or List it and some other yard make over shows. Great ideas from them.
    Hope you have a great week back in the norm! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a "black thumb" when it comes to tomatoes. I'm not sure why? We've even tried containers with a soil mixture purchased from a store specifically for growing them...nothing. I've wanted to make my own tomato sauces to can as well as homemade salsa, but. I'll have to stick with pickles! LOL

      Delete
  2. What beautiful scenery for a wedding! Gorgeous! Waiting for my copy of In the Unlikely Event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished An Unlikely Event last night! It's an interesting historical fiction novel, but I particularly enjoyed the last 1987 section...But that's all I'm going to tell you! LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh what pretty site for a wedding!!! Love the phone cases!! Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a splendid place to get married! It's near her house, private (but public). Few even know it exist. We love going there just to soak up the sun, play in the ocean and explore with our kids.

      Delete
  4. How timely that you write about the chicken potholders! I stumbled on your tutorial just a few days ago. It's great! It's a perfect video for beginners who know basic crochet stitches to be able to make the potholder. Very cute. Your breakfast pizza for dinner sounds yummy. I'm happy the second planting worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS an easy pattern if you know I few basic stitches! Or those stitches can be seen on various You Tube videos. You Tube is how I taught myself to crochet (thus far). Let's hope breakfast pizza works! I need to make a white gravy for the first time...I couldn't find any in a jar this morning at the store. ;)

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures of the cove. It does sound like you need some sunshine for that garden! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Paula! Sunnier days are supposed to be coming up! Hopefully just in time for our tent camping trip...

      Delete
  6. What a lovely place for a wedding,
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect! The next day is poured and poured!

      Delete
  7. absolutely gorgeous place for a wedding! YUMMY...BBQ Chicken...that's what I served tonight..fresh off the grill......Mmmmm....Here's to hoping/praying you all get some sunshine this week! (my husband was in Maine all day Saturday for his aunt's memorial service...up past Portland in a town called Brunswick).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Saturday was beautiful! He picked a good day to be here! But sorry to hear about the memorial service...

      Delete
  8. What a lovely spot for a wedding! I love the ocean. My brother got married by a lighthouse in Maine...His wedding was in March though and it was COLD!

    Lovely daybook...have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March is very much winter here! Brrr! But a lighthouse wedding would be fun!

      Delete
  9. Love your TV section!! I am also waiting for the Amazing Race and The Voice...these my hubby will watch with me!!

    Thanks for sharing...visiting from Simple Woman's Daybook...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have cable, but these are shows I can see on-line free the next day. I don't mind waiting...and since they're free for a while I can watch on my schedule.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!