Thursday, February 12, 2015

Weekly Wrap-up: Week 19 - Prodding Along Towards Spring

MORE? FOR SURE!
Wouldn't you know it - we got more snow! A little this day, a little more that day...and another day. I shoveled off as much of the garage roof as possible FROM THE GROUND with a long-handle roof shovel. Was it ever frigid this week though! How's the weather there?


CROCHETING CREATIONS
I know you all have been wondering what I've been up to for crocheting. Right? My current project, a request from Sam for his birthday, is a spring green and black Minecraft Creeper beanie with ear flaps and ties. (I guess he thought I needed a challenge...) I'm learning a technique called intarsia for doing pictures or designs in a project. And let me tell you - keeping all those strands untangled have been a test of my patience. But I finished it! And I have one happy birthday boy!


PRODDING ALONG
I wish I could report something new and exciting in our homeschool, but we've settled down to the 2nd half of our studies. But thoughts of NEXT YEAR start creeping in. Unfortunately I am not 100% positive we'll be homeschooling again. Since my divorce, it's been a struggle financially and I have been searching for a job that would allow me to juggle homeschooling, getting Jake to charter school, a home, animals. I'm not sure there IS such a job. In the meantime, we're learning!


Sam started reading Roald Dahl's George's Marvelous Medicine.It's a bit of a silly story which should make it even more appealing to my less-than-enthusiastic reader. I'm not sure what Cati is reading these days. The 2nd Percy Jackson series? She goes through books quicker than I can post about them! Her goal is 100 books in 2015 and I have no doubt she'll get there.

As always, special thanks to the these bloggers:
 photo 337a3ef2-b881-48f4-8a2c-9c69e457cb5b_zps8b6152cf.pngHomegrown LearnersWeird Unsocialized HomeschoolersMy Joy-Filled LifeHip Homeschool Moms

Don't forget to read my other blog posts this week:
Six Word Saturday: Seasons
Tuesday Coffee Chat: Raving Thoughts
Wednesday Hodgepodge: Something to Love



Happy Homeschooling!

18 comments:

  1. First of all LOVE the Minecraft beanie! Awesome! Second of all, I will so miss not reading about your homeschooling should you need to stop. You know I love you and your kids to pieces. But I understand that you have to take care of your family no matter what that means. I will be praying for clear answers on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nicole! It'll certainly be a HARD decision. Perhaps the fact that I haven't been able to find an appropriate job - getting Jake to and from school divides up the day in a way that limits availability - is telling me that NOW isn't the time. But lots of changes coming up!

      Delete
  2. Looks like things are busy at your place... I hope you are able to continue homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a hard decision, but like you said if a job doesn't become available that fits your needs, then the decision is made for you. Good luck with figuring it all out. Btw, love all the projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christy! Crocheting relaxes me. I guess I've needed a lot of stress-busting lately! LOL

      Delete
  4. Awesome job on the beanie! It's amazing!!! I don't know that I could do that!! :) Thanks for coming by Our Journey this week and I'm sending some sunshine your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocheting seems easier to me than knitting. All taught through You Tube videos believe it or not, and now I can follow patterns for the most part.

      Delete
  5. Goodness, why did I think you gave up this blog? I would have been here visiting! Argh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I had moved to a new blog after my divorce, but it never felt like my blog home...so I returned here!

      Delete
  6. I love all your crochet!!! Beautiful work! And I hope your temperature gets above your age soon!!! Happy weekend Jessy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen, but it doesn't look like the temperatures will reach my age anytime soon. :sigh:

      Delete
  7. I love your creations! Most especially the polar bear hat! I hope you can come up with a satisfactory solution to your homeschooling/need for income dilemma. It's going to be an emotional decision for sure. We are having the same weather as usual! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a great Minecraft hat!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be crocheting too if we had that much snow. We have lucked out with a mild winter so far. I'm just stopping by from Weekly Wrap Up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for a mild winter...Now I'm hoping for an early spring! LOL

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!