1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I plan to write a love letter to my fiance. (Shhhh! Don't tell him! It's a surprise!) There's something nostalgically sweet about a HAND-WRITTEN letter expressing devotion, don't you think? Texting and Facebook have their place, but they lack personalization of pen-to-paper, of careful choice of words, of someone's unique handwriting. It's so much better than anything Hallmark could rhyme up!
2. What's a movie that ends in the way you especially love?
I'm totally blanking on this one. I watch so few movies! I'll get back to you if I think of something...
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing.
The little things that Thomas does for me. A man has never cleaned snow off my van and warmed it up for me so wouldn't have to get in it cold, or encouraged me to relax, giving me the remote and hot cocoa while he cooks dinner even if he worked 10 hours. Thomas does. My heart sings knowing that I am loved so much!
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you had to complete, or a meal you had to prepare that you did do but only half-heartedly?
Last night's dinner....and the one before that. Between snow storms and lack of energy, I simply didn't want to drive into town to shop for groceries. It's been slim pickings here with some creative meals! Eggs, biscuits, baked beans. Ick. My kiddos are super excited that I finally filled the fridge yesterday!
5. Tuna fish salad - yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
Yay! But I have to be in the mood for it. I like my tuna salad mixed with mayo and spread on bread or Ritz crackers. Now, my youngest son loves his tuna with LOTS of sweet pickle relish and a dab of mayo. Ever heard of that?
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
The quirkiness of my stove and oven. My kids personalities. The road to Thomas' apartment. My yard. Proverbs. The local lake. Snow. The ins-and-outs of a vacuum cleaner. The pain of stepping on a Lego with bare feet.
7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.
Don't those hearts taste dreadful? I need to get some! ;) What would they say? I cherish you. I appreciate you. Love & Laugh. Snuggle time. Math is Awesome...