Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Tickled Pink and Tucked in Tight


1. Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your emotions tucked in tight?

Tucked in tight! Although as I get older, I worry less and less about keeping my feelings and thoughts under wraps. Sometimes you just GOT to share!

2. How did you meet your closest friend?

I'm blessed to have several close friends and even closer family members who have supported me through UPS and  downs. I've met some of my friends through our kids activities, scouts and sports, and some on-line who live near by. They are such an eclectic group of wonderful people who enrich my life and my kids' lives in so many ways! 

3.  Pink lemonade, grilled salmon, cotton candy, pink grapefruit, a strawberry milkshake, or raspberry sorbet...of the pink foods listed, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Which one have you most recently consumed?

I L-O-V-E dairy! Milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, butter - it's ALL good! So, I'm going with strawberry milkshake for my favorite! (Chocolate would be my first choice though.) And least favorite? Grilled salmon! Or maybe grapefruit if it's without lots of sugar! But, most recently, I've had Pink Lemonade, mixed up from a can of Country Time.

Photo Source

4. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.

My kids are always a source of 'tickled pink', especially my youngest son who's take on life is all his own. Such a clown! Right this moment, as I type, he is offering me his "life's saving", a crumbled dollar bill, for an extra bowl of ice cream.

5. Are you a fan of television talk shows? Daytime, nighttime, or both? What's your favorite?

Nah! We haven't had cable in years now, but I used to watch a few talk shows here and there when I had the time.  I don't really miss them. I do like reality TV though! Anyone watch "The Voice"? "Survivor"? "The Amazing Race"? (I catch them on Hulu.) New seasons coming up this month! 

6. When was the last time you wanted to ask a question, but felt too foolish to do so?

I don't remember. Usually I ask. LOL

7. My favorite ice cream right now is Salted Caramel Vanilla with Chocolate Chunks.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.


Happy Hodgepodging!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jesse, I found your blog from Hodgepodge Wednesday and it's lovely. I enjoyed reading yours and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Tori! I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Love the little graphic you shared depicting the best things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cute! One of my Facebook friends shared it...

      Delete
  3. We catch Amazing Race now and then, but don't watch it start to finish. I like The Voice, and record that since some of it I like to ff through. There's a 50's style restaurant near us that serves burgers and shakes, really good milkshakes! Hubs usually gets one when we're there, and I have a sip. I love the idea of a millkshake, but they're almost too rich for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some shakes are perfect for sharing with someone special!

      Delete
  4. I am a reality t.v. watcher too! I would add Project Runway to the top of that list. It's my favorite! I am also a British television fanatic .. Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, etc. And Dawson and I love some good historical dramas (that always tend to have lots of blood and gore ... the times, I guess) like Vikings, Game of Thrones. I am not a huge ice cream eater, but I do love some salted caramel. That sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have cable so no Project Runway. I enjoy historic stuff too! I may sign up for Netflix again just to watch the historical stuff!

      Delete
  5. Love your random thought. That is the reason I babysit my grandchildren for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard grandkids are pretty awesome! I'm willing to wait at least another 10 years though! LOL

      Delete
  6. "Amazing Race" is one of my favorite shows...can't wait for the new season to begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February 25th, April...although I'll be catching it the next day as I don't have cable.

      Delete
  7. I love "The Voice" and am looking forward to another season of it. That ice cream flavor sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to the new season of the Amazing Race.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!