1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
I'd like to say that I have taken the time to enjoy the change of seasons this autumn, but I haven't. Between homeschooling, running a house singly, searching for a part-time job, and numerous visits to the garage, I just haven't had time to sit and enjoy the cooler, crisper weather and fall foliage all that much. I've seen it from the road though!
2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?
Dishes. Do they really ever end? It seems like I finally get them caught up only to turn around and there's a pile again. If paper and plastic wasn't so expensive and land-fillers...
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'
It depends on the situation, but a genuine apology goes a long, long way if someone makes a wrong choice, whether me or them.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?
This morning I couldn't remember where I put my keys. Usually I just drop them on the coffee table, but they weren't there nor on my bedside table. I ended up emptying my new pocketbook and there they were! I don't remember putting them there...
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
I've been very fortunate to have wonderful family and friends helping me out the last couple of years. It's made transitioning after divorce easier for both me and my kids. But recently a friend brought me a crockpot full of meatballs and rolls to thank me for helping HER. And they were good meatball subs!
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
Oh, red? Apples! Watermelon! (Believe it or not, only in the last few years have a grown to like watermelon.) I'm a big banana eater though.
None. LOL I don't know if I have ever seen Red October or Halloween, and I never heard of October Sky. Is that with Tom Cruise? I guess I'm not much of a movie-goer. I did just seen Left Behind though! And I would like to see Into the Woods when it comes out. I remember seeing Into the Woods in college, the play version with Bernadette Peters.
8. Insert your own random thought here.