I'm joining up this week with Joyce at This Side of the Pond for some fun, interesting questions-and-answers. Why not join in too?
1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be mostwilling to taste?
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
No hunters, but for those of you who hunt to provide food for your family - go for it! But, IMO, hunting should be for food, not sport...or least food AND sport, not sport alone. What have I tried? I'm kinda picky...deer and duck. When I knew what it was I couldn't eat anymore! Bleck!
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
Oh, football? A lifetime ago I went to a NFL football game. I believe it was the Colts and Patriots playing. The players looked so tiny from our seats! Although there is something about going to a game, watching from home is more...comfortable.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
I have 12 birds of the live sort: 10 hens and 2 ducks. 6 of our hens we hatched from eggs in an incubator 3 1/2 years ago. Ava came from my Mom when she was about a year old and is 2 1/2 now. Then the kids brought home 3 Wellies as chicks from my Mom last year. And the Pekin ducks came from a friend when they were 8 month old almost 3 years ago. They all have such great personalities, all unique!
4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
Oh, I am a HUGE multi-tasker! I think it would be very odd to focus on one thing. Just yesterday I went to a doctor's appointment. While waiting to be called in, I balanced my checkbook and wrote out checks for bills, texted with my daughter about dinner and got in some reading. On the way home, I timed arrival to pick-up my son from school so that his Dad didn't have to make the trip. "Killing Two Birds with One Stone" makes for efficient use of time!
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
The only song with a bird in the title I can think of right this sec is "Rockin' Robin" and I can't say it's my favorite. A catchy classic though!
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
Does being cold count?
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
Cati and I will be taking Sam to the community center for their Halloween party and magic show followed by trick or treating to a few houses in town. We didn't carve pumpkins. I roasted, pureed and froze them for winter baking. :: wink :: Favorite costume? Hmm...good question. All my costumes were simple, homemade ones or those cheap masks with the elastics. Remember those?
8. Insert your own random thought here.