Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Quick Answers Edition

Welcome to this week's edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge. I've fallen behind on my blogging, so this will be the QUICK answer version. Thanks for stopping by!

1. February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. It lands on the calendar one day after National Do Something for a Grouch Day (February 16) which somehow feels related. Perhaps the 16th inspired the 17th?

Tell about a time you performed a random act of kindness or were the recipient of one. Will you make an effort to perform a random act of kindness on the 17th? Share details if you're so inclined, and if you have something specific in mind.

Yesterday my friend and her husband jump started my van as my daughter and I sat stranded at Family Dollar. Much quicker than AAA! 

Every day I try to be kind, helpful, thoughtful, and giving to everyone that "crosses my path". I don't have anything specific in mind today, but I'm sure something will come up.

2.What's the most uplifting or encouraging thing you see happening in the world right now? You may have to dig deep for this one.

That there are people out there who choose to do good no matter what. In a world of so many negatives, there are always people reaching out to others.

3. Black olives, black currants, black grapes, black beans, blackberries, Oreos...your favorite food the color of night? Your least favorite on the list?

Oreos! But NOT dipped in milk. And least favorite? Olives! The texture...Ew!

4. A while back I read (here) a list of twelve things you should do before you turn 50. They were-

travel when you have the chance, take care of your skin, learn a foreign language, make exercise a habit, leave a toxic situation, stop caring what others think about you, stop worrying, volunteer, spend time with your grandparents, pledge to work less, learn to cook an amazing dish, and seize an opportunity as it arises

What do you think of the list? What would you add or remove and why? If you're over 50, have you done all 12? If you're not yet 50, have you done any at all? What's on the list that you haven't done, but would like to do?

A great list! I think I would remove "cook an amazing dish" as I TRY to do that every dinner, and add read great books.

5. Besides the classic Christmas flicks, what's your favorite film where winter plays a part in the setting?  

Besides Christmas? "March of the Penguins", but is that really winter since it's always cold there? Or the "Ice Age" movies. Sid's a hoot!

6.When did you last feel helpless, and what did you do about it?

I never feel completely helpless as I have God by my side, a sacrificing husband, and supportive children, family and friends. Someone always has my back!

7. Share a favorite proverb. 


8. Insert your own random thought here.


Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

Happy Hodgepodging!


5 comments:

  1. We share the same choice of foods and I think it's great to try and cook great dishes all the time. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree...you can never go wrong with Oreos! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for visiting my craft blog and let you know I linked to you in my Daybook post today at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the shout-out, Sarah! I appreciate it! Your "seasons" is a beautiful piece!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!