Monday, February 15, 2016

Journal Jottings of a Maine Mama: February 15, 2015

CLOCK READS
6:21am

WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS
Absolutely frigid. Not just cold, but miserably cold. We're sitting at -15 right now, but we're supposed to be up to 18 degrees for a high. That's quite an improvement over yesterday.

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW and IN THE GARDEN

WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW and AROUND THE HOUSE
I'm staying cozy in bed with my husband (who has the day off from work) and lots of blankets. It's early. Our kids are still sleeping. The only sounds are the heat coming out of the vents and my husband talking nonsense to me. (He's being silly already this morning.)

TO DO
☐ Fix Leaks (that Never Got Fixed in January)
☐ Declutter and Organize Utility Room
☐ Clothing, Linens and Blankets Purge
☐ Bring Donates to Salvation Army


DINNER
TBD

WHAT'S ON TV
It looks like the new season of "Amazing Race" has started. I'll be catching in free on-line at some point. (We don't have cable.) When does Survivor and The Voice start?

FROM THE CRAFT BASKET
You'll see a lot of my anniversary and daughter's temperature blankets in the coming months. I don't plan on starting any new projects at this point. I finished May 10th-August 7th, 2015 on my anniversary blanket, and I'm loving the colors and stitch. It's going to be a heavy, cozy and huge blanket.



I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays), Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), and Lunamon Design (Wednesdays).

PAGE TURNER
This month I will be doing a LOVE STUDY from Time Warp Wife. I'm excited about learning and applying the 4 types of love - storge, philia, eros, and agape - through bible scripture, on-line discussion, a study guide, and Four Loves by C.S. Lewis. I'll be jotting down prayers and reflections in the SWEET "Quiet Your Heart" journal. (For info on this study, click here.It's not too late to join in!)


A BLESSING
My husband and I were blessed with the provisions to start a dream of ours, to RV and camp. We thought we would have to wait years, but everything seemed to fall in place over the last month, and on Valentine's Day we purchased our first new-to-us Roadtrek campervan. Not only does it have all the stuff we need to camp, but it can be used as a back-up vehicle if needed due to its small size. I'll be starting a blog just for our camping adventures when we decide on a blog name...



DEVOTIONAL and INSPIRATION
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD and whose hope the LORD is. (Jeremiah 17:7)

HHM

I'm linking up to The Simple Woman's Daybook and Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

25 comments:

  1. Congrats on your campervan! I am hoping to purchase a camper of some sorts this year or next. Love your afghan! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi! We're SUPER excited, but the campervan isn't home yet. It needs some better tires and minor repairs. And then a DEEP clean. I can't wait to make it homey and ready to roll! We're already planning weekend trips to see waterfalls and go fishing.

      Delete
  2. I saw an ad for The Voice so I think it will start up again soon. I hope you'll fill us in on the name of your new blog once you get it all set up, I'd love to follow along on your adventures! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll definitely share the new RV blog when we decide on a name and I get it up and running. I'm super excited for the upcoming season!

      Delete
  3. I adore your photo of the snow garden but I'd much rather be wrapped up in your pretty blankets than sitting on the bench.
    Your camper van looks great, I'm sure you'll have fun adding some home comforts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! LOL The snow is beautiful when it's covering the trees, newly fallen and fresh, but why does it have to be so COLD? LOL I'm looking forward to making our camper organized, functional, comfortable, and personalized! Hurry spring!

      Delete
  4. Love your blanket! The colours are gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm loving them too! I have 3 more colors I haven't used as I haven't gotten to those temperatures yet, but I can't wait to see what ALL the colors and random pattern looks like when finished. It'll be a while though.

      Delete
  5. The RV looks great and you will have some wonderful trips in it. I love your blanket so pretty and comfy looking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! We can't wait to get out in the RV for some adventures! We're already planning some weekends.

      Delete
  6. How exciting to have a camper, adventures await. Love the colours in your crochet blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! We've been blessed for sure! (And the blanket will be a bed cover for the camper van!)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful view from your window, though it does look cold. Love the colours in your crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was very, very cold. I'm glad that we're back above freezing again. I can't complain though as we've had few really brutal low temperatures and not really that much snow.

      Delete
  8. We had similar weather over the weekend. It was too cold to function. It got back into the 50s yesterday so all is OK now. Congrats on the camper van! I am sure you will have many fun adventures in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the weather strange sometimes? Thanks - we're super excited about our home away from home!

      Delete
  9. Wow - that snowy picture is amazing!!! It must make owning that camper van and dreaming of camping all that more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becki! Those are flowering trees in the spring. The bench is rickety and old now. It's mostly used as a roost for the hens when they're out free ranging. We're anxious for spring to arrive to "hit the road".

      Delete
  10. The temperature blanket looks fabulous and a love study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, we too had quite frigid temperatures to deal with this past weekend. But I do have to admit that I love the view of your garden. That white stuff looks so pretty.. I just don't enjoy going out in it unless it's nice and warm outside. I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors of your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The snow does look pretty when it's on the tree branches, newly fallen. If only it wasn't so cold! LOL I'm loving the colors too. I have 3 more I haven't used yet, but I haven't gotten to the colder temperatures yet.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the camper. I'm sure you will be creating many memories.

    Love your blankets. I plan to do a temperature blanket next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! My temperature blankets is going into the camper! LOL

      Delete
  13. The colours are great on your blanket, it will be interesting to see it develop as the weather gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!