Monday, February 8, 2016

Journal Jottings of a Maine Mama: February 8, 2016

CLOCK READS
1:17pm

WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS
Another snowstorm is blowing in this afternoon. It's overcast and 20 degrees. And a 3rd storm in less than a week is following tomorrow. Here comes the white stuff!

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW and IN THE GARDEN

WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW and AROUND THE HOUSE
I'm able to take a breather finally. It's been a whirlwind morning with getting husband off to work and son off to school, taking care of the flock, dogs and cat, starting homeschool, making an important phone call, running to jazz band for daughter and the groceries store for grub while juggling getting son from public transportation as school closed early (even though we haven't seen a flake of snow yet). :: sigh :: I need to make another call, bake 2 chocolate chip banana breads, finish homeschool, check the flock, vacuum, and finally make dinner before calling it quits for the day.

TO DO
☐ Fix Leaks (that Never Got Fixed in January)
☐ Declutter and Organize Utility Room
☐ Clothing, Linens and Blankets Purge
☐ Bring Donates to Salvation Army


DINNER
Soft Shell Beef Tacos with Diced Tomatoes, Shredded Lettuce, Chunky Salsa, Mexican Shredded Cheeses, Sliced Black Olives, and Sour Cream

WHAT'S ON TV
Who has time?

FROM THE CRAFT BASKET
I started a 2nd temperature blanket just over a week ago. I'm excited as this blanket will represent the high temperatures during our first year married. A special homemade momento on our first anniversary! 


I'm creating this one in the trinity stitch. I love this stitch! (I would recommend it for a SOLID color blanket though.) It's going to make a thick, cozy queen-sized afghan.


I've made quite a bit of progress already. I finished up May 2015 and June is almost complete. I figured out that I will complete 91,250 stitches (without a border) by the time I have 365 rows completed. Phew!


I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays), Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), and Lunamon Design (Wednesdays).


PAGE TURNER
This month I will be doing a LOVE STUDY from Time Warp Wife. I'm excited about learning and applying the 4 types of love - storge, philia, eros, and agape - through bible scripture, on-line discussion, a study guide, and Four Loves by C.S. Lewis. I'll be jotting down prayers and reflections in the SWEET "Quiet Your Heart" journal. (For info on this study, click here.It's not too late to join in!)


A BLESSING

DEVOTIONAL and INSPIRATION
And let the PEACE of GOD rule in your hearts...(Colossians 3:15)

HHM

I'm linking up to The Simple Woman's DaybookDarling Downs Diaries, and Happy Homemaker are Mondays.



18 comments:

  1. Your temperature blanket is so pretty!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi! I can't wait to see how this blanket turns out as it'll celebrate the weather during our first year married. It's random so I won't know how it looks until it's finished, but it's so thick, soft and cozy that I know it'll be awesome!

      Delete
  2. Love the colours on your blanket! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to read! I hope your week has been going well too!

      Delete
  3. Also doing a temperature blanket! It's been fun though mine is just straight double crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It's really a fun, unpredictable project! I use the DC in so many other projects that I wanted a change. I'm making a FPO SC temperature blanket for my daughter, but this trinity stitch for me and husband. We'll have some wonderful blankets December 31! LOL

      Delete
  4. Perfect inspiration! I love the afghan you are making - so beautiful. Sounds like you are going to be one busy lady this week - hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's been good! How about yours? Thanks - I've really enjoyed these temperature blankets projects. I wasn't sure as I like a set pattern of colors, but the randomness just makes them more interesting. They tell a story!

      Delete
  5. I love your "Maine" pictures. Maine is a state we have always wanted to visit. And your blanket is beyond gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring lots of warm clothing this time of year! It's been a fairly mild winter, but the DEEP FREEZE is predicted in a few days. Brrrr! Thanks! I am loving the blanket too!

      Delete
  6. Oh I love the colours in your temperature blanket - and just look at all that lovely snow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit the snow is pretty...for a little while. LOL When the winter season goes on and on, cabin fever sets in.

      Delete
  7. I love the idea for your temperature blanket---super creative! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the afghan is beautiful! I've never heard of a temperature blanket before. Neat idea.

    Love that quote about Church! What a blessing indeed! I couldn't agree more =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours in your blanket, the stitch pattern looks really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I've heard of a temp. blanket and I have to say - what a COOL idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours you've picked for the Anniversary blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blanket is quite the undertaking! Wow!! It's going to be beautiful! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!