Monday, February 22, 2016

Journal Jottings of a Maine Mama: Super Quick Edition

CLOCK READS
9:59am

WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS
A bright, sunny 27 degrees

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW and IN THE GARDEN
Diminished piles of dirty snow. Bare, frozen ground. Broken, downed tree limbs.

WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW and AROUND THE HOUSE
Watching Sam do Saxon Math. Cate listening to music through headphones. Dogs snoozing. Furnace running. Phone buzzing. Dirty Dishes piles in sink.

TO DO
Grocery Shop

DINNER
See To Do

WHAT'S ON TV
"Amazing Race" and "Survivor"

FROM THE CRAFT BASKET
Every day adding rows to my 2 temperature blankets. 


I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays), Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), and Lunamon Design (Wednesdays).

PAGE TURNER
The Bible. 

A BLESSING
Provisions from above to make our dream a reality. Launched our Campfires and Casting blog to share our camping and fishing adventures. Would love more followers and readers (Link)

DEVOTIONAL and INSPIRATION
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Romans 15:13)

HHM

I'm linking up to The Simple Woman's DaybookDarling Downs Diaries, and Happy Homemaker are Mondays.

8 comments:

  1. Love that temperature blanket. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has to grocery shop first and menu plan second. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the cupboards and fridge offer no meal inspiration. Today is one of those days. Perhaps it's a cereal and fruit night? LOL

      Delete
    2. Oops! Campfires Casting is my Google+ for the new camping and fishing blog. LOL Sometimes I forget to sign in and out for the 2 blogs. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to!

      Delete
  2. Your temp afghan is coming along nicely! I am slowly crocheting again, a little each day, just wish I could do more daily! Oh well...baby steps! Off to check out your new blog!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, glad to hear you're able to crochet again. I only had to rest 3 days and then a few more days of just a little crocheting. I'm anxious to get my 2nd temperature blanket caught up to now. I started in May and have finished through August (for our first married year). Thanks for checking out Campfires and Casting! Not a lot to post right now, but in the future!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Blanket! Love the colors. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blankets are looking great. Love the colors.

    I don't think I would make it in that cold weather lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!