Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Sweet and Sunny

1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?

What's an Easter without a church service and hunting for candy-filled plastic eggs? or a big family dinner with ham? My kids are older now though. Easter baskets and hunts are a thing of younger years, but I still think they appreciate a chocolate bunny...But more importantly it's WHY we celebrate Easter that's important.

2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope. 

Absolutely! It's US who give up on hope. Hope is always there. It can found even in the most beak situations...if we look hard enough. 


3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?

A chocolate Easter bunny is tradition around here. I've usually gotten a small one for each of the kids every Easter since they've been old enough to enjoy candy. For me? I'd go for the Reese's peanut butter eggs. As for Peeps - Ew! Icky! But they are cute!

Photo Source

4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'

In the yarn store. I have an addiction to crocheting. Admitting it is the first step...

5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?

I pondered this, but I can't think of anything that I do radically different than other people. Or maybe my family and friends are unique just like me!

6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?

I haven't visited ANY of these places, but their sun and warmth is envied about now. We're in the frigid winter that never ends! But, since my first best friend lives in FL and Disney is there (and everyone should go to Disney once, right?), I'd chose there to visit.

Photo Source

7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.

If I lengthen my day does it mean I also get MORE energy to get all those things I need to done? There's always more to accomplish, more to enjoy, more to struggle with when the day is over. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I smile at this meme. You probably don't know, but I LOVE cereal! It's been my "go to" dessert for years now. (Yes, DESSERT, as I especially like sugary cereal - Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and any granolas.)


Happy Hodgepodging!

6 comments:

  1. Hoping you get some sunshine and warmth on your side of the mountain soon!! And am I the only person in the world who actually likes Peeps??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is shining today! And we might reach 50 degrees tomorrow! Whoop! Is it weird that I sat in the van today while Cati was at band and soaked in the sun's rays? Lovely!

      Delete
  2. I never buy it, but I could definitely go for a bowl of Lucky Charms : ) I'm thinking we may go to a brunch somewhere out this year since my girls won't be home. Not sure I want to cook a big ham dinner for two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy 1-2 boxes a week and share with the kids. Cereal never lasts long, but I love the stuff as a special treat. Breakfast for me is usually toast and PB or Greek yogurt. You could always have ham leftovers! Quick meals while the kids are gone...

      Delete
  3. We're expecting to reach the 70's here today...hope things warm up soon for you! Not a fan of Peeps, either, but my girls love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 70s?! Wouldn't that be nice?! But it's coming! We're hitting 50 this week. I think. Soon I'll be able to order garden seeds and get the garden prepared for another season of growing!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!