- English Grammar 101: Section 6 - Prepositions (99%), Section 7 - Conjunctions and Interjections
- Writing - Started a Blog (Visit her here)
- Vocab Test List 2 (95%), List 3 (85%)
- Laddie (Stratton Potter)
- Khan Academy Pre-Algebra - 85% Completed
- Grammar and Writing Handbook: Unit 2 - Commas, Unit 3 - Verbs
- Grammar Smart Junior: Nouns, Pronouns
- English Grammar 101: Lesson 1 - Nouns (58%)
- Writing - Descriptive Writing 5 Essay Paragraph
- Grammar Ninja - Level 2
- Rascal (North)
- Saxon 65 - Lesson 8 (Subtraction Facts), Lesson 9 (Subtraction Algorithm), Lesson 10 (Missing Addends), Test 1 (100%)
More changes for Sam and his curriculum. Math is moving ahead again with the change from Khan to Saxon, but we needed a change in Grammar as well. So, he started English Grammar 101 (online). He also started learning to write a 5 paragraph essay since he's finding "perfect paragraphs" boring.
Sam finished Lesson 8: Rocks, studying meteors and asteroids and creating a model of the solar system.
- Notebook Page/Project Page
- Asteroid Belt
- Solar System Model
Cati finished Module 7: The Fossil Record this week with a 90% on her exam.
- How Fossils are Formed
- Features of Fossil Records
- Carbonate Residues and Impressions
U.S. HISTORY and GEOGRAPHY
I read aloud to Sam from History of Us: The First Americans Prehistory-1600 (Hakim). We covered chapters 16-19.
- Christopher Columbus
- Beginning of American Slavery
- Latitude and Longitude
- Abraham Zacuto and Astronomical Charts
- Giovanni Caboto
- Vasco Nunez de Balboa
- Ferdinand Magellan
MUSIC HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY and CULTURES
Cati studies Music History with Easy Peasy Homeschool, and continued on with Year 3 Geography and Cultures. Since the lessons are quick, she completes one week per day, sometimes more. This week she completed weeks 9-12.
- Woodwind and Brass Instruments
- Jazz and Concert Band
- CNN Student News
- Walked miles
- CNN Student News