I've been told I'm a "cheapskate", but I like to call myself a conscientious purchaser. I'd rather "make do" and spend money on something meaningful such as an EXPERIENCE rather than on cable TV, the newest gadget or eating out.
2. What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age?
3. What's your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions?
There's two accessories that mean the world to me: my engagement ring and my wedding band. A promise of forever!
4. January 20th is National Cheese Lover's Day. Are you a lover of cheese? What's your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese?
Cheese. Is. Awesome! For lunch I had a homemade Girl Scout Samoas cookie that my daughter made - shortbread cookies with toasted, sweetened coconut, caramel and chocolate - and a low fat cheese stick. At least I saved some calories, right? My favorite dish would be baked macaroni and cheese. Comfort food at its best!
5. What's something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?
I sometimes have little patience and understanding for adults who demand (yes, DEMAND) certain behaviors from others yet not from themselves. How can someone expect others to comply when they are hypocritical in their own choices?
6. Your favorite book series?
I'm more of a genre kind of reader. I like books with a message, with triumph over challenge, with love and family and devotion.
7. Why did you choose your profession?
I didn't always start out as a teacher. I remember telling my professors that I would never "go in that direction" (despite being at a teaching college). My plan was to focus on child and family therapy. But I was burned out completing by BA with a major in Psychology and 2 minors in French and Sociology in 3 years. After getting married and a 4 year break, I had a change of heart. I went back to school and became a certified K-8 teacher.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!