The Island Country Club has this HUGE hill perfect for sledding. I remember my mom, my sister and I trudging through the snow to the hill (as it's a bit of a walk from the road), and sledding lightning-quick down that hill with other families. I couldn't have been older than 8 or 9, but I still remember how exciting it was.
2. What was on your blog this time last year? (Besides the Hodgepodge of course!) If you weren't blogging, what in the world were you doing with all that free time?
Last year's post AROUND this time: http://oursideofthemtn.blogspot.com/2015/01/six-word-saturday-finding-feng-shug.html. (A blog hop I couldn't keep up with despite the simplicity of it.)
3. Ellen Goodman is quoted as saying, 'We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.'
Do you see more flaws or more potential in your life at the start of a new year? Have you done anything specific this month to address either one? Does the new year truly begin for you on January 1, or is there some other month of the year that feels like a fresh start and new beginning?
A "new year" starts every morning when we wake up, a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to make a change, to move forward. Change doesn't need to wait for a specific date!
4. Who's an athlete you admire or respect and why?
Is it bad that I can't think of one? I'm don't really follow sports, especially professional, nor do I have cable to see games or news regularly. And nothing has come across my Facebook newsfeed lately about something awesome an athlete has done. :: wink::
5. Do you like cream in your coffee? Whipped cream on your pumpkin pie? Cream cheese on a bagel? Sour cream on a baked potato? Cream of wheat for breakfast? Have you ever had a scone with clotted cream? Of all the creamy foods mentioned, which one sounds most appealing to you right this very minute?
Oh, whipped cream on a homemade New England Pumpkin Pie would be awesome! Now, who'll bake it?
6. Where were you last kept waiting for 'hours on end'? Or for what felt like hours on end? How well did you cope?
My husband and I are waiting for one more thing to fall into place before taking a step towards a DREAM of OURS. The waiting and not knowing is tough! I'm impatient! But if everything works out as we hope, it'll be worth it.
7. Believe it or not, when next week's Hodgepodge rolls around it will be February.Huh?!? Bid adieu here to January in seven words or less.
In with a chill, out with a thaw.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!