Looks like I'm a little late in posting my Random 5 for the link-up at The Pebble Pond this week. What's a couple of days, right?
1. After a chaotic visit with Grandpa and Nannie Lobster and Cousin Noodle and a trip to New Hampshire to visit Santa's Village (amusement park), my kids rode back with them to "hang out" for a couple of weeks. As a divorced Mom, I don't get a lot of Me Time, and that's OK, but sometimes it IS relaxing to have a smidge here and there. 2 weeks though? Eek!
2. You know what's awesome about the kids being gone? When I clean something, it STAYS clean! The kitchen sink stays empty of dirty dishes for HOURS! Imagine! I might only have to do a couple of loads of laundry while they're gone. And the floors - will they even need a sweep?
3. But it's so quiet! ::sigh::
4. So, I am spending time staying productive. I'm doing those household things that a busy homeschooling Mom just never seems to get done on a regular basis. The potted plants actually got watered. (The ones still alive...) I "magic erased" grime from some of the walls. I did a little rearranging of my bedroom. I even cleaned some windows!
5. I'm finding time to relax, unwind and read though. Finished one book in a couple of days! I went kayaking with my wonderful companion, cooked dinner over an open fire, enjoyed some fresh strawberry shortcake, took a nap. And it's only Day 3!
What will the days ahead be filled with?