Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Gearing up: Resources for Planning and Organizing a New Homeschool Year



I used to begin planning another year when my Rainbow Resource MEGA-CATALOG arrived in early spring. (Have you seen the size of it lately?!) After a decade of homeschooling not only is my philosophical approach to homeschooling simplified, but so is my planning and organizing.

We always start right after Labor Day...or when my oldest son heads back to his STEM charter school. That makes us about 6 weeks out from Back-to-School Day. Perhaps I should order curriculum soon, right? (I do have my orders ready!)

(Check out my current plans here. Subject to change as I find more ideas on-line.)

Along the way, I have pinned some creative, helpful ideas and I'd like to share them with you. Each item is a clickable link...and all things are FREE (because I'm a frugal homeschooling kind of Mom).

Planning and Organizing
LOTS of Planning Ideas and Printables
Daily and Quarterly Logs with Cover Pages for Planners
Daily Schedules and Chore Charts for Kids
29 Clever Organization Hacks

Print-outs
I'm a __ Grader! Pages for Back-to-School Photos
Back-to-School Interview Pages
Field Trip Journal Page
State Notebooking Pages

Homeschool Hacks
Add Manila Envelopes to Notebooks to Store Extras
Easy Way to Keep a Notebook Closed with a Rubber Band
Turn Dollar Tree Photo Albums into Reusable Flash Card Fun
Make a 4 Pocket Writing Folder with Cheap Paper Folders
Bind Loose Pages with a Rubber Band and Paperclip
Storage for Flash Cards and Card Games

Oh! And don't forget to visit my FREE RESOURCES page for links to curriculum resources.

I hope you find some of these ideas helpful this coming year. Please share below in comments if you've found something to make the coming year easier to plan and organize. I'm ALWAYS looking for creative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!