Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: The Wonder of it ALL


1.What's something you wish you knew how to do, but feel like it's too late to learn?

I've always wanted to play the piano. I took a semester of piano in high school, and still couldn't play "Chopsticks". I don't have a musical "bone" in my body unfortunately. 

2. Your least favorite thing to shop for? Why?

Shopping is NOT my favorite thing. Thankfully there's on-line shopping now...But if I had to choose something, I would chose clothing. Finding and trying on clothing is exhausting and frustrating, and I find nothing enjoyable about it.

3. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were growing up?

I have to cook it! I'm not too fond of cooking, but I LOVE a Thanksgiving dinner!  But the biggest change is that I can't always trek to the island to be with my Mom and Dad and my sisters. It's still a special family meal, but the family has changed over the years.

4. What's something that when other people see it, reminds them of you? Explain.

I'm sure most of my friends would say CHICKENS. I have 8 hens, 5 of which were incubated from eggs over 4 years ago. Chickens are amusing pets. Really. Doesn't everyone share photos and videos of their flocks?

Sadly, our white chicken, Ava, passed away soon after this photo was taken.

5. If you could guest star in a TV show, what would it be and why?

I would love to travel the world on "Amazing Race". The culture they experience while running race is awesome. I just wouldn't want to do any of the stunts that involve heights or, er, unique foods.

6. Have you ever farmed or spent any time on a farm? Are there farm stands in your little corner of the world and do you make it a point to shop there? If so, what item do you particularly like to buy from a roadside stand or farm shop?

I have what I call a "hobby farm". I have a flock of hens for eggs. (See above.) I grow a small vegetable garden in the warmer months. We have a apple tree (that sometimes gives us a few apples). We have farmer's markets all around us. I don't shop at them often, but my 2 favorite veggies to buy are peas and corn on the cob.

7. What's something you've experienced recently that made you feel a sense of awe or wonder?

I have gone to 4 different garages to determine what repairs I need on my van. I'm in awe that NONE of the garages have agreed on the repairs except for a blown headlight and a rusted brake line. (My son and I replaced the headlight and the brake line is repaired.) I have been told everything from, "It's time to retire her" to "She's in great shape for an almost 11 year old vehicle, but needs a few things repaired." Who am I to believe? 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!

Happy Hodgepodging!

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!