Monday, November 16, 2015

Journal of a Mom: November 16, 2015

THE CLOCK READS...
5:30am

WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS
AccuWeather says it'll be a partly sunny 50 degrees today. For November in Maine, it's been mild. And I'm loving it! Last year, things looked like this:


IN THE GARDEN

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE
It's quiet. Tom is already at work. Jake is headed to school. Cate is on the laptop getting started on her learning. Sam is snoozing. (He's always a late riser.) I'm enjoying a few moments of blogging before starting a day of housework, schoolwork and crocheting sparkly star ornaments.

TO DO LIST
☐ Staple Greenhouse Plastic to Rest of Chicken and Duck Run
☐ Rake Leaves off the Driveway
☐ Put the Lawn Mower in the Shed
☐ Scrub the Grill and Put Away for Winter
 Burn Branches and Downed Trees (BUY S'MORE MAKINGS)
☐ Plan and Buy Thanksgiving Dinner

FOR DINNER
Baked Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Cole Slaw, and Baby Carrots

WHAT'S ON TV
I'm all caught up on all the shows I watch on Hulu and CBS, "The Amazing Race", "Survivor", "Big Bang Theory", and "The Voice, until later on this week. So, nothing's on TV today.

CREATING FROM THE CRAFT BASKET
I keep a small wicker basket on a shelf for my scraps of leftover yarn. This past week I took out those yarn balls and decided to create simple DC beanies. I chose colors I thought went together and worked up the caps with no specific color pattern in mind. My scrap caps! I've started my 3rd afghan, a striped DC in deep purple and bright lime green for my step-son, but have enough scraps left to make at least 1 more scrap cap for when I need a break from the monotony of a blanket. (For a free DC beanie pattern in different sizes, click here.)


I'm also excited to share with you my crochet and craft Facebook page. I hope to create a virtual space to sell some of my creations, but also to share links to fabulous free patterns and funny memes that celebrate our art. I invite you to click over and like In Stitches!

I'm sharing my crocheting creations over at Lucy Blossom Crafts (Mondays)Frontier Dreams (Tuesdays), The Philosopher's Wife (Tuesdays), Small Things (Wednesdays), Oombawka Design (Wednesdays), and Lunamon Design (Wednesdays).

I'M READING...


WHAT MAKES ME THANKFUL

I'M WONDERING...
What will the garage find out about my van? It's been there since Thursday morning and I have yet to hear from them. (They did say they were busy.) I'm praying that it's just spark plugs...

NO WORDS NEEDED

DEVOTIONAL
For we walk by faith, not by sight...(2 Corinthians 5:7)

HHM

 I'm linking up to The Simple Woman at The Simple Woman's Daybook and the Diary of a Stay At Home Mother at Happy Homemaker on Mondays.

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having unseasonably mild weather. Minnesota is too. What a great cloud photo! You're really getting those chores checked off. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take the mild weather for as long as possible! There will be plenty of cold, snowy days ahead no matter what. And yes...checking those things right off with the help of family. We will be ready for that snow!

      Delete
  2. Loving your photo's. I'm in the UK and we are having a wet but mild November. Hope your vans ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We have beautiful places to photograph around here. I think my can might be OK...

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos!
    We're enjoying some of that warm weather here too, just a few states south of you.
    I always enjoy baked chicken for dinner - tastes and smells like home to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I do enjoy taking photos! I'll take this warmth for a long as it's here. It won't be long before the snow is here to stay for a while.

      Delete
  4. Great scrap caps - full colour como's.
    Having mild weather here too but snow is forecast for the weekend.
    Fingers crossed for the van, we've just found out how much our new exhaust is going to cost....ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. Why are vehicles so expensive these days?!

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos! I'm not looking forward to snow at all this year, I'd be happy to skip winter, lol. Love your caps, turned out beautifully! Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scrap hats! I love them both! Maybe I'll make one once.
    Have a nice day!
    Greetings from Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing at my link up last week, a New party is open.
    You are welcome to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!