1. In two or three sentences tell us what Veteran's Day means to you?
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline?
I'm not sure this counts as a patriotic film, but "Forrest Gump". It's my old time favorite movie, and it does have some American values running through it.
I have never gotten the flu shot, and unless it covers more strains I'm not sure it's necessary (in my opinion). I have never had the REAL flu. (Many people say they have the flu, but really it's just a bad cold.)
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are your thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November?
Always too much. Such a commercialized celebration these days. Buy, buy, buy. Time to get back to the REAL meaning of Christmas.
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?
Although I have held a snake or two in my past, even BIG pythons, I'd rather not be surprised with one while out for a walk in the woods or another the yard.
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'?
No, not really, unless you count "building" an afghan in crochet.
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?
The woods and lakes surrounding our home are a blessing. The serenity of a walk in the woods, hearing the rustle of leaves and singing of wild birds, the glance of a deer, or a paddle along the edge of a calm lake with ducks and geese swimming near by, the sun warming my body are both places that bring beauty to my life.
Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!