Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tweet! Chirp! Caw! Websites to Identify Bird Sounds!

Caw! Chee-chee! Tweet!
Black-capped Chickadee
As the weather has turned warmer and sunnier, I've been opening the back door and windows to let fresh, cool air into the house. The sounds of our backyard birds are louder and more abundant INSIDE which has got us wondering: What bird makes what sound?
Northern Cardinal
Here's some website I found to help us identify the different birds BY SOUND around our house and in the woods:


So, check out out the websites and see if you can identify the birds in your backyard by their calls! Our Black-capped Chickadees and Mallards are sharing their "music" with us this sunny, beautiful afternoon!
Mallards

6 comments:

  1. The cardinal shot if fabulous!!

    It's you beautiful by you. Maybe me and my camera should move nearby. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stef! I have a couple of chickadees in mid-flight too...and a squirrels climbing HEAD first down a tree. I wish I had a 100mm lense though! It would make these shots better since I'm so far away...and shooting through a window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I used to visit eNature a lot, their field guides are easy to use.

    We've been seeing a lot of cardinals and blue jays here lately - seems to me more than usual, but I haven't kept journals so it's hard to tell. A very fat and aggressive cowbird was on our deck railing this morning and I so wished I had my camera handy. Not that I have the skill to get a nicely focused picture... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure you do, Kym! It takes several shots for me to get something interesting as I'm shooting through a window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bird post....love the chickadee and the cardinal! I think you got some good images and the links are always helpful.

    Thanks for sharing your birds. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!