1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'?
Warm days, cool nights! Temperatures during the daytime are comfortable. No more sweating! And the cool, less muggy nights are perfect for sleeping soundly. Time for pumpkin and apple everything, soups and baking, and cozy throw blankets. (And no, no one says 'y'all' around here! LOL)
Hmm. I can't remember ever having a falling out with someone, but I have fallen away from someone. I have a few friends who have drifted away over the years, moving or going back to work, or concentrating on their growing families. Life continues on and sometimes our friends aren't meant to follow.
3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title?
4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?'
Recently? Not exactly recent, but I haven't brought our bulky waste (i.e. heavy and big stuff) to the Transfer Station since LAST fall. Or maybe the spring before? That growing pile is calling to me, "Get rid of us!" But there never seems to be enough time in the day, especially when the Transfer Station is only open 2 days a week and I need help loading it.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
Er. I am totally drawing a blank here...
Sam is so much like my Dad! SMH. Sam's apple grew on the SAME apple tree as my Dad, 55 years apart! Their personality, level of patience, ability to fix and build things, and even their curly hair and expressions are so similar. My Mom often says, "Your Dad will never die with Sam around."
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?
You know - It wasn't any better or any worse. I did spend less time taxiing kids from one activity to another though, and the "less hurry" is always better for me. School was less interrupted today, although finished quicker yesterday. Cati made a wonderful apple pie yesterday, and has French bread baking today. Every day can be a good one!
8. Insert your own random thought here.