1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
As we get older our experiences in life have an effect on our emotions and how we respond to events in our lives. All of us have challenging and upsetting times, and these times cloud our confidence, making us fearful and doubting of ourselves and others. But turning to faith helps us to overcome worry, doubt and fear.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
Hold on...let me Google it! Not one thing remarkable or history-worthy to speak of. I guess that day is saved JUST for me! ::wink:: Unless you count The Monkees singer that was born on my birthday...
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
I'm searching for a part-time job, one that has high pay, few and flexible hours, that I can do from home, and I enjoy. Does something like that exist?
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Young? Just the other day I went to a playground with my youngest son and we used the swings and merry-go-round. Playing with my kids makes me feel young and carefree...and a little motion sick. Old? The continued tendonitis in my wrists make it hard to open jars and lift heavy objects. I feel old when my 9-year-old carries in milk after grocery shopping or I need him to open a jar of spaghetti sauce.
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
Er, vacuuming the living room...
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
Being wise. I'm a big believer in that everyone should continue to seek knowledge their entire lives, and when you combine this with experience gained from life then wisdom should deepen, broaden and expand.
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
Something totally random and unexpected? One pink sneaker to remind us to keep moving forward? A battery to keep our lives "charged"? A sharpened smiley face pencil...because they're silly and fun?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's not cake, but have you eaten Honey Nut Cheerios?