1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
Is it awful that I haven't even given it a thought yet? It's not that it isn't important, but what a week of frustrations and wasted time at the garage for me! We've struggled getting in Language Arts and Math so anything beyond just hasn't happened, plans being tossed aside as I deal with vehicle repairs.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
All the time! Am I weird? Behind the times? LOL I always listen to the radio in the car, sometimes even "talk radio". We have a VCR player, but we haven't watched a tape in some time now. We found out recently that our library purged it's VCR tape section. (We were probably the last family in town borrowing them...) I have a couple of Gazetteers (maps) of Maine and New Hampshire in the van (along with a Tom Tom because, well, I'm directionally-challenged.) But I do use the alarm on my cell phone.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
Nah! In fact, I don't like discussing religion or politics with people I DO know. Well, except for my special someone. I have found that religion and politics are very personal, very reactive topics for most people, and I am not one who feels comfortable debating such things.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Soups and Stews! I've been checking out my Soups, Sandwiches and Salad Pinterest board lately. Chicken and Corn Chowder, Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Cheeseburger Soup, Beef and Veggie Stew, Lasagna Soup - they all sound warming and comforting. But, no, I haven't made any soups or stews as it's been so warm and humid here!
|Lasagna Soup - Photo Credit and Recipe|
5. What's something you know nothing about?
I am all-knowing! Nah, just joshin'! LOL There is something to learn about everything, even things I feel I am an "expert" at, but I can't think of anything right this moment that I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about. Perhaps I don't know what I don't know!
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?
Classical music isn't my favorite. I like Handel and Pachelbel and some others by music, not by name, but it's never something I slip into the CD player.
7. What's the oldest thing you own?
Oh, let me think...I think I have a few editions of books that are from the 1920s or 1930s. Not first editions, but definitely early editions.
8. Insert your own random thought here.