Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cooking Up Some...No-Bake Ronzoni Rotini, Ham and Cheese

It's been QUITE some time that I've shared some of our "go to" quick and easy meals or desserts. We've gotten into a "rut" of eating mostly the same ol' same ol' for some time. But then I found this easy kid-pleaser! (Shh! Don't tell 'em the pasta provides a WHOLE serving of veggies per 4oz!)

No-Bake Ronzoni Rotini, Ham and Cheese

1 pkg Ronzoni Garden Delight Rotini
5 T butter or margarine, divided
2 T dried seasoned bread crumbs
3 T all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
2 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 1/2 c (8oz) cubed cooked ham
salt/pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to box directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 T butter or margarine. (I used olive oil for this part.) Add bread crumbs; cook until lightly browned. (I used panko crumbs.) Remove crumbs from skillet and set aside. In the same skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk all at once. (I used skim milk.) Cook and stir until mixture boils then cook 2 more minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 c cheese and ham. (I used low fat cheese.) Add pasta to skillet and toss to coat. (I added 1/2 c frozen peas and heated through. Broccoli would be GREAT in there too.) Top with remaining cheese and buttered crumbs. Makes 6-7 servings. 

3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy *and* easy! My favorite kind of meal. I am definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I'm looking for new recipes to try, I think I will put this on our menu for next week. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Nice to "meet" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so excited to make some new hs friends!! Thanks for the kind words about my banner and header! I'm actually trying to break into the business and have a design blog started www.kylakreates.blogspot.com. If you know of anyone interested please send them my way!! I look forward to reading more from you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!