1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
Health. Yesterday I had a mild headache all day. Come 8:00pm I was shaking with chills, and it took flannel sheets, a blanket, a regular comforter, and a down-filled comforter to get warm. And this morning brought the, er, tummy troubles. Being ill sure does put a damper on your day.
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
Look! Brown-tinted questions! LOL Brown is just another color in all our amazing hues. It's cool, relaxing, earthy. My bedding is moss green, cream and chocolate brown. And my bed has been the most comforting thing today as I recoup.
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Relief from my headache?
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
I think most of my family and friends would consider me traditional. Although I am more than able to take charge, do what needs doing, and want respect, I am content with "old-fashioned" man and female roles. Taking care of a house and children, cooking (even though I don't really enjoy it) and chivalry is my thing.
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
Am I the only one that needs an extra napkin when eating spaghetti and meatballs? Yummy!
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
Just last week I gave my youngest son my first ever crocheted beanie, and a few days later I gave my BF my 2nd ever beanie. I hope they have toasty heads this winter! By someone? My wonderful BF gave me flowers...Awww!
7/8. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
This isn't really my favorite, but I am too fuzzy-brained right now to find the scripture, but always remember your blessings. Even in the worst of times there is something to be thankful for.