Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Turkey Edition


1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?

UNO! My daughter has band practice 3 times a week. While waiting, my youngest son and I play Uno when he finished up his required school work. This past week, due to sickness and taking a break from homeschooling, we played boisterous rounds of UNO in the van using the dashboard as our table. (Personally I like Skip-Bo and Rummikub better, but Sam always picks out Uno.)

2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?

Place? My home. Everyone needs to have a secure, comfortable sanctuary to relax in. A home is a place to always go back to, to make memories in, to grow in.

3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.

Well, it really depends on WHO I'm with for Thanksgiving. Sometimes it's a football game, but this year I am with family that aren't football fans. A movie? We oftentimes go for a long walk if the weather is agreeable. Nothing like a crisp late fall walk near the Atlantic! But definitely NO shopping! I'm not a shopper even under the best circumstances! LOL And there isn't anywhere to shop on the island...

4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?

Anything *I* don't have to cook! LOL I've been craving a Beef Wellington lately. Perhaps I can get my wonderful BF and/or son to bake one up for me...I do enjoy a baked ham dinner or a meaty-cheesy lasagna.

5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?

I can't even remember the last infomercial I watched. We don't get cable. And I've never purchased anything through an infomercial. Is nothing a good answer? LOL

6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?

See #3! No, I haven't started and won't be shopping on Black Friday. I don't even look at the ads for Black Friday! Due to my strict budget, my Christmas shopping list is quite short and simple. Stores open on Thanksgiving? I know there is a push on Facebook for stores to be closed, but oftentimes those working on holidays get time-and-a-half. Before kids, I liked working on holidays for the extra money and oftentimes my employers would even provide a special lunch or dinner to boot.

7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?

I can't believe I am saying this, but the SNOW that we're getting today. It looks like a winter wonderland out there! Stark white, sparkly, contracting the dark evergreens. Come February I'll be groaning about it though! 


8. Insert your own random thought here.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful snow pictures!!! We had some wet snow on the ground this morning, but it was melted by late morning. My kids and I have been playing a lot of UNO this week, too. In fact, it's sitting right in front of me on the table while I type this. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. We won't be shopping for the next few days either. Happy Thanksgiving.
    blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!