Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Blissful Lakeside Lunch


What better way to spend a perfect summer day than a lunch on the lake with my favorite 9-year-old. (Would you believe that my older two decided to stay home, eat leftovers and wash dishes!) Only a few miles from our home is a short causeway near a large lake. There's a beautiful walk along the street, under a small bridge, and down the other side of the road.  It's often quite busy this time of year as you can imagine, but we snagged one of the last parking spaces and most people were at the eateries along the other side of the road.


Just look at our view from our bench: a wide span of wavy blue water, fluffy clouds and the mountains in the distance. A blissful view for a relaxed lunch!


I brought along my LL Bean canvas tote with our books. The plan was to have our lunch, watch the boats and read, but there was so much to look at, enjoy, talk about.


You can imagine how excited Sam was to watch a plane descend and land on the lake! Although this isn't the first time we've see it land, it's not often we time it just right to do so.


And then we had to watch the ducks swim along the edge of the walk. We didn't see any loons this time, but the lake was busy with boaters.


But eventually it was time to pack up the remains of our lunch, grab our bag and head to the grocery store for a few things before heading home. Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. What a great day for you and Jake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! It WAS a nice lunch! Thanks for coming by! I'm back to blogging again...

      Delete
  2. Not sure that went through! I'll try again- My youngest is most likely to come along on any adventure I plan. My older two boys enjoy the quiet time they get while I am gone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My older two aren't enticed with ice cream cones afterward either. LOL

      Delete
  3. It looks like a magical day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely photos! I had to laugh when I saw your tote full of books! I carry a bunch of books around on every outing, too! Sometimes I get a chance to read but it's true, sometimes there is just too much to see and talk about! Sounds like you had a great day enjoying the scenery and each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know when a great time to read is, right? I always bring a book or two and encourage the kids too. It's a great way to pass some time if needed. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!