Friday, April 22, 2011

What My Child is Reading: April 17-23

J finished reading Animal Farm by George Orwell this week for his Literature Study and On Basilisk Station by David Weber, starting book #2 in the series called The Honor of the Queen.
  C is REALLY enjoying the Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney series! When she ran out of those books, she read Indian Summer by Ella Conger. Indian Summer is about a young Iroquis-White girl in growing up in Northern Maine during the 1930s. It's a great historical fiction read! (Yes, I read it too! LOL)
 For mealtime and on-the-road reading:
S read Ann's Hat, Sam and the Mitt and Pop Fox from Hooked on Phonics: Learn to Read, and 3 Big Hats from Learning Language Arts Through Literature: Blue.

 And for Bedtime Reading, I read these books to C and S: 
 What did your kids read this week? Link up to What My Child is Reading to share with other homeschoolers and to get ideas for other GREAT books!

4 comments:

  1. I loved animal farm in high school

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are big fans of the Wimpy Kid series. Hunter has had them read to him twice. It may be time to start them again :). I read them to him before his transplant and then his dad read them to him again in the hospital. Lots of laughs and good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I loved Animal Farm too even though it is a bit scary. Go Go Gorillas cover looks very cute. Thanks for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Henkes and Ed Emberly. We are reading If you're a monster and you Know it by Emberly. LOVE it! I'll have to look for the curious George book since my little one went to his first baseball game on Saturday and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!