I'm not sure what's going on with my clothes washer, but for some reason the laundry wraps around the agitator tightly every spin cycle. When it starts sounding weird, I open the lid and unwrap the laundry. And it will only spin out if I stop the spin cycle, turn the knob around 2-3 times, and restart the spin cycle. I suppose I need admit defeat and call a technician...
2. If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
There's nothing better (IMO) than fresh, sweet peas from the garden, ripened in the sun and still small. But if I was planning flowers, I think I would go with Lily of the Valleys. I tried once to transplant 50 bulbs, give or take, but not one popped up the following season. So much for an easy perennial!
3. April 10-16 is National Library Week...will you celebrate with a visit to your nearest library? When did you last make a trip to the library? What are you reading right now? What's one title on your want-to-read list?
Tomorrow? I finished my latest book, Dawn's Prelude by Traci Peterson, and I NEED another. Reading and crocheting are what I do, and I can't go long without either. Sometimes they are my sanity! (Well, not really, but both ARE relaxing.)
4. Share a saying or an old wives tale you heard while growing up, you believed to be true or that you paid attention to 'just in case'?
I am completely drawing a blank. I'm sure there were some old wives' tales my Mom shared or my grandparents or SOMEONE when I was growing up, but I can't think of any this sec. Can I blame it the mild headache I have?
5. Are you a fan of onions? Garlic? Ginger? What's a dish you love that contains one, two or all three items listed?
Onions and garlic go in almost every single dish that I make. Onions and garlic MUST be finely minced. I don't like chunks! Now, ginger? I use ginger in gingerbread and quick breads, but it's not something I use a lot of. Ironically though, I'm making a Crispy Chicken Romaine and Pasta Salad for dinner tonight...with a sesame ginger dressing.
6. Where does nurturing end and indulging begin? What are some skills or qualities you think a person needs to possess in order to be viewed as mature?
A mature person is responsible, patient, kind, and caring. They are secure and confident in who they are, what they do and how they relate to others. They adapt well to different circumstances, making thoughtful decisions. And they possess a sense of humor.
7. What leading figure in any field would you like to hear speak, and why?
Er. Um. Hmm.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Would you like to see our camping and fishing adventures? You would? I started another blog just for that! I'd love more readers. Click here!
Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness. Happy Hodgepodging!