Monday, May 25, 2015

Tuesday Coffee Chat: Summer Singing


Time out for MomThis week at Time Out for Mom, Leslie wants to know:

I love music! I have not shared any music around here lately...and I found a great song for the summer! Do you have a "go to" Summer Song? or do you find a new one each season?

 Blog about it and share over at Tuesday Coffee Chat!
________________________________________________

Perhaps I'm unique in my views of music, but I don't have a "go to" summer song. Whatever plays on the radio while I'm driving around is what I remember most from a particular summer. I guess you could say that I'm a "new one each season" kind of person then.

Otherwise I don't listen to music OUT of the van. I don't even listen to the radio in the house. Er. I don't think I have a working radio...



But I just downloaded Spotify onto my Android. I think I have a total of 11 songs on my playlist! Look at me! Getting with the times! Eh?

What's on my playlist? 

Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars). Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) (Kelly Clarkson). Shut Up and Dance (Walk the Moon). F__kin' Perfect (Pink). (I did NOT realize that she was saying THAT in this song! What was I thinking??) Get the Party Started (Pink). Since U Been Gone (Kelly Clarkson). Try (Pink). Animals (Maroon 5). One More Night (Maroon 5). Moves like Jagger (Maroon 5 with Christina Aguilera). Honey, I'm Good (Andy Grammer). FourFiveSeconds (Rihanna/Kanye West).

I found all the songs on the Top 40 list as I was trying to figure out how to use the app. I think I needed a 7-year-old to show me how it's done because those 11 songs took me QUITE a long time to get on a playlist and then some were surprises...

Needless to say, I think I'll be making some changes to my playlist in the coming weeks. Hopefully I'll figure out how to pre-listen to the songs before adding them because, well, some weren't quite what I expected.

What's on your Spotify for this summer? I need suggestions!

6 comments:

  1. Okay.Interesting to see what is on other's playlists. I have my own, but I am admittedly old school. I love Kelly Clarkson, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll be making some changes. LOL Some were unexpected and suggested for me...

      Delete
  2. Andy Grammer is good!!! That song is so great and the video is just adorable. I love his song "Fine By Me." And I do love Pink - although yes, with little ones in this house I cannot listen to all her songs without earphones on! ha
    I may have to try this Spotify thing -- hopefully it's available in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er. Video? I don't know when the last time I saw a video was...I grew up when MTV was MUSIC videos...

      Delete
  3. You are 'getting with the times' - and more so than me! I really do need to download Spotify or something on my Android, because aside from randomly listening to music on YouTube, I generally don't listen to music unless I'm in my vehicle! *gasp!* I know, right?! :) LOVE your playlist, though! All are favorites of mine! :)

    Camping Fun on a Pontoon with One More Drinkin’ Song for Summertime and RTT Rebel Coffee Chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Well, my kids would probably say differently, but I'm hip. Kinda. Sorta. Almost.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!