1. What's your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I'm asking for a friend.
Open, honest, non-judgemental, and frequent communication. So many disagreements and misunderstandings can be avoided by talking. listening, understanding, and compromise. Words are meaningful; use them wisely, with kindness.
A soft answer turneth away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger - KJV Proverbs 15:1
2. Before we're too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined As Silver, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, "What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?"and "Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?"
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn't a word. It's the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that's not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
A heart emoji! LOL Yeah, I did use it a lot. Those emoji can say what words just can't sometimes. And they're cute, right?
4. Speaking of words, it's that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year's top vote getters are-
bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix).
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
5. January is National Hot Tea month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
I love hot and iced tea! Green tea, black tea, flavored tea - it's all good! I just like a touch of sugar or honey for sweetness, no milk. How much do I drink? A few cups a week.
6. Whatever happened to _________?
Do you remember this light up memory game from the '80s? I was, like, totally awesome at Simon.
7. What is one book on your must-read list this winter?
Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant trilogy by Veronica Roth. I'm told (over and over) that they are not to be missed, but I keep forgetting them when I am at the library...
8. Insert your own random thought here.