1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
I haven't seen the article. The Ebola workers in Africa? Sure! They have a lot of responsibility and risk there. But, honestly, I'm not one to keep up with news, no cable and no newspapers, so I don't know if there are others more worthy or deserving.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
Old? Er. New? My Moleskine squared notebook that I'm going to use as my 2015 bullet journal and planner. Am I the only one that gets excited about new year planning? Borrowed? I don't think I have anything around borrowed right now...Blue? About now, my winter jacket!
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
How can anyone say nay? It's sweet! LOL I'm a big fan of chocolate, with or without nuts. Peanut butter is tasty too. But I'm not don't care for white chocolate anything. Is that even REAL chocolate?
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?
I was 18. I flew from Maine to Belgium with my French teacher, Mr. P., and our school secretary at the time, and about 8 other French and Spanish students. We stayed with French families for 2 weeks, traveled around for a week, and spent a few days in Switzerland and Spain. But I've never been south to N. Carolina.
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
Nah, we're all over the place! Lobstermen, school bus drivers, correctional officer, teacher, front hotel clerk, deli manager, construction worker, landscaper, hair cutter...Our paths meander every which way!
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
Uhm. A shower.
7. This Christmas I hope to spend a few relaxing days with my supportive Mom and Dad, my zany sisters and nieces, my wonderful BF and his kids, and my awesome kids, opening gifts and celebrating with good food and egg nog.
8. Insert your own random thought here.