Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Special thanks to Nikki from Joy in the Journey and  Kay from Welcome to Kay's Korner for passing along The Versatile Blogger Award to me! What a WONDERFUL award!


So, here's the rules for this award:
  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link back up them.
  • Tell Readers 7 things about yourself.
  • Pass this award onto 15 newly discovered bloggers and let them know.
7 Things About Me

I live with my family on a rutted dirt road in the middle of the woods. Although there are several other houses in the neighborhood, we might only see 3-4 vehicles drive by ALL day.

I grew up on an island off the coast of Maine. My Dad was a lobsterman and, while I was young, my Mom picked crabmeat. I have 3 younger sisters.

I enjoy reading historical fiction...from the young adult (i.e. TEENAGE) section in the library.

My favorite colors are a toss-up between blue and orange.

My pet peeve is people who are constantly LATE showing up for PLANNED activities AND don't bother to call even though they're on their cell phones texting and talking A LOT while with me.

Although I'm a homeschooling Mom, I am also a certified K-8 PUBLIC SCHOOL teacher.

I enjoy hanging out with friends while watching the kids play sports.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog award. I am like you, I would not know where to begin to choose others for an award. There are so many great blogs it would be hard to choose just 15. I receive so much encouragement from so many wonderful blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award!! :-) And thank you so much for choosing me as one of your 15... :-) Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve the award!! I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on receiving this award and thanks so much for nominating me! :)
    I love Maine...rutted dirt roads, islands, and all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on your award!! You have a wonderful blog and so much info! THANKS for honoring me with the award also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! I agree with your pet-peeve!! Wow...totally HATE that! :o) I was just telling my husband how the next place I want to live is Maine! Wonder if his work transfers there? :o) Blessings~Mrs. Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this award! I feel honored, especially coming from you. I wish I lived in an area like you do...I am crossing my fingers that we will get something like that when we move. I like books from the pre-teen and teen section, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Jessy!! I will file this one away, but hopefully not forget it, lol. We don't have internet at the rental right now, so my time at the library or at quick wi-fi spots are spent on school stuff mostly, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!!! :)

    I always love reading your comments, I actually look forward to knowing they are there. :)

    I will try to pop by your blog a bit more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts in the comment box. We love hearing from our visitors!