In My Life This Week
The garden continues to grow. The carrots are still "doing their thing". A banana pepper is ripening. The 2nd crop of peas and beans have sprouted. Two squashes are growing on their vines. J harvested some of his basil from the garden and used it to add a fresh taste to store-bought tomato sauce. And we enjoyed 2 yummy cucumbers, the first of the year.
In Our Homeschool This Week
S discovered our BIG United States puzzle this week and put it together over and over. He's recognizing the shapes and areas of many states now!
We continued to work on the kids' 4H posters for the upcoming fair. S completed his poster, but J and C have a little more work to do. My goal is to be finished by the end of next week so that we can focus on our new curriculum the first couple weeks back-to-school.
- On Saturday we went to the library summer reading program's final celebration. The kids each earned a book bag, a $10 Walmart gift card and a make-your-own sundae. (So proud of all the books the kids read this summer! Check them out under the banner tabs!) We had Subway - FREE coupons! - at a shady playground and then played a couple games of bowling with Kids Bowl Free. (And no, I don't think it's a good idea to share MY scores! LOL) And in the evening J and C enjoyed a couple hours of basketball at the Rec Center.
- While J and I were grocery shopping, A took C and S to the library for their book sale. They came back with some GREAT finds!
- A and S went to a baseball game in the city. It was Bobble Head Night, so S was super excited to go!
- My parents and 3-year-old niece stayed with us Tuesday - Friday. We spent a wonderful day near the lake, picnicking, swimming, watching the kids on the playground, and exploring the beach. For the first time this summer, we stopped and had some AWESOME frozen custard.
- Our "old" neighbor stopped by to check out the house they rent across the road. Her boys, ages 10, 7 and 3, came over to play Star Wars and climb our swing-set with the kids.
How can this not be my favorite thing?! The kids surprised me Sunday morning by bringing me breakfast in bed. Sort of. They missed me getting up so it was breakfast in the hallway, but the thought was DEFINITELY there! LOL It came with a thank you note for our wonderful day at the library, Subway and bowling AND a clean livingroom. Nice, huh?
Getting locked out of the van! Would you believe that before J went off to Mt Katahdin and Culinary Camp, I joked with him about asking me if I had my keys EVERY TIME we hopped out of the van. Don't worry, J! I haven't locked them in yet! But the first time you forget to remind me I'll surely do it! Guess who forgot to ask? And who left the keys in the ignition? It's nice having AAA!
Photos, Link, Video, or Quote to Share
|S and Chirp "Hangin' Out"|
Linking Up With