|S makes his 1st shot|
We've completely just over 1/2 of our legally-required "instruction days"!
|C's 2nd Rummikub Game|
Over the weekend J had his first basketball game. Although his team played hard, they weren't a match for a bigger, more experienced team and lost 24-40. C learned to play Rummikub...and doesn't want to stop! (And yes, she beat me! ((sighs)) LOL) S had his first Basketball Skills and Drills and LOVED it!
Accomplishments over the week:
|J's Herb Garden Terrarium|
- worked on his January Pond Press newsletter
- finished up Lesson 8: Measuring Length in Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra and got a 83% on his chapter test
- completed Module 6: Foundations of Geology in Apologia General Science and got a 100% on his Module test
- finished Lesson 13 in Wordly Wise 3000 Level 6 and started Lesson 14
- created his Chapter 10 World History Timeline notebook page and started Chapter 11
- worked on past and irregular verbs at The Teacher's Cafe Middle School Grammar
|C's Sand Art|
- completed Lessons 50-52 in Saxon 54 and got a 80% on her test
- finished Lesson 7: Rodents and the Rest in Apologia Zoology III and created 6 notebooking pages
- completed Step 2 in All About Spelling Level 2 and started Step 3
- continued working on her History Pockets: Native American unit study
- reviewed possession nouns with Grammar and Writing Handbook and wrote a story about camping
- made a loaf of French bread in the bread machine
|S's Emperor Penguin|
- read paged 18-25 in Hooked on Phonics: Learn to Read Level 1 and read "Rag" (Reader 2)
- completed Lessons 70-74 in Horizons Math K
- finished 5 dot-to-dot and 5 Kumon mazes worksheets
- continued working on his Winter lapbook
- did Handwriting Without Tears pages on K
- built CVC Short A words using Boggle Jr
Click on this link to see our 2nd Winter Wednesday Nature Study on backyard feeder birds and finding color in winter and this link to read about C and S's Unit Studies on Native Americans and Winter.
|J's World History Timeline|
We were INCREDIBLY busy on Tuesday! Phew! Not only did we get school assignments completed (mostly) in the morning, but we headed into the city to get new library books and videos, grocery shopped, mailed out a package at the P.O., and had basketball practice (C) and Boy Scouts (J) in the early evening. (S didn't make OT as he was feeling sick.) And A made a turkey dinner!
|Snow-covered Spruce Tree|
J had Not Math Math class in the morning on Thursday after we shoveled out. They made abacuses during class and will learn how to use them next week. J also had basketball practice on Friday, but otherwise our week wrapped up right at home.
Check out other fun Weekly Wrap-ups at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers or join the Hip Homeschool Hop and the Friday Blog Hop by clicking on my sidebar buttons! And don't forget nature studies at the Outdoor Hour and Winter Wednesday!