1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
Warm days, cool nights. Days filled with learning, swimming, kayaking, fishing. Nights filled with fires and roasted marshmallows and fluffy blankets. Everything apple and pumpkin. The return of hot cocoa! Changing colors of the leaves, the harvesting of crops, the allergies. But, above all, the continuing of giggles.
2. You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
Downeastah! (Or rather "downeaster" for those not from Maine.) I was born and raised on an island off of Maine. We are a, um, unique bunch!
(Obviously a parody, but funny just the same. Sorry about the cuss word. And believe it or not, this kid is like 17.)
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?
Simple acts of cheerful, honest kindness! The kind of kindness you give and get that makes the heart smile.
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?
Clam up. Sometimes you just need to let silence speak volumes.
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
"Left Behind". Wasn't that LAST summer? We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's beforehand so didn't purchase snacks during the movie. But I do like nibbling on those overpriced jumbo boxes of M&Ms!
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
There's something about work that physically AND mentally awakens us. It doesn't have to be a 9 to 5 job, any work will do, but idleness slows us down physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. So, let's rev up! Who wants to do my dishes??
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
Organizing my linen and master bedroom closets when it was 80 degrees INSIDE. (There are some days I do long for AC...) Unused, stained and worn clothing - gone! Everything is organized, and I can find things again! Although it hasn't helped my kids find things easier...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have a problem, readers...
Join Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Share in the randomness!