1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon." Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
Definitely gone too soon! We only have about 4 more weeks of summer vacation before school and scheduled extra-curriculars begin again. I'm not ready! Er. I haven't even ordered our homeschooling curriculum for September 2nd...or did last year's portfolio reviews yet.
But what I love about summers past and present (and hopefully future) is "lazy days", ones unscheduled, un-hurried and simple with lots of days around and in water, ocean or lake.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
I used to live 18 blocks from the Motor Speedway in Indianapolis. Race weekends were filled with lots of loud people crowding roads and making it impossible to get to work or even to grocery shop. (One super hot day, and a few months pregnant, I couldn't even return home due to traffic heading to the speedway!) Those turned into mini vacation weekends! ::wink::
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or is anything and everything fair game?
Any joshin' meant to hurt someone or poke fun at an imperfection. We all have imperfections and under some circumstances it's OK to joke about them, but it should be initiated by the person with it.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
I didn't know! We had lasagna just a few days ago. Yummy! Our recipe is tweaked from the back of the Prince lasagna box. I'd pick it over spaghetti any day, but not pizza.
|Lasagna Soup (Recipe)|
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
A quiet, comfortable bedroom. Some days, when the kids are challenging and bickering with one another, it's my haven.
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
Well, my van was in the garage yet again. It's been in so many times this year that the guy manning the phones didn't even have to ask for make and model! Perhaps if I was CEO of a great garage I could have repair "perks".
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Farewell hot, muggy July; Welcome awesome August!
8. Insert your own random thought here.